Monday, January 21, 2013

Current Skincare Routine: Winter 2013

Hi Everyone!

How was your weekend?

Mine was really bad actually. On Friday I woke up and was feeling really drowsy  I did not understand why so I just stayed in bed all day long. At night, I finally got some energy to go get some dinner with my boyfriend. We had suundubujigue a very traditional Korean dish. On Saturday, I felt so much better went to the gym, and then my bf and I had plans with my cousin to go to dinner for Sunde(Korean Street sausage). Apparently she was with a really bad cold which transferred to my body like a sticky note. On Sunday I woke up bad again, but it got even worse. I had a runny nose, fever, and was not feeling at all well. My boyfriend ended up taking care of me. To top it off, I puked in the middle of the night. So it was not a good weekend after all. How about YOUR weekend? Was it better than mine? I really hope it was because being sick specially on weekends suck.

Anyways, to move on from the chit chat I want to mention some amazing products I have been using for winter,and essentially my winter skincare routine.

Disclaimer: I want to let you guys know that my skin type is dry- very dry skin. During summer it becomes normal but not completely. I mention this because products that may work for me, may not work for you. I have also tried products and researched them on other bloggers who I know for a fact have oily or combination skin.

Cleanser:

I am still using my Avene Milk Cleanser. It is a good overall face wash for dry skin. However I have been using a new cleanser which is an oil based cleanser. This is the Innisfree Green tea Oil Cleanser. It is Amazing for really dry skin, it is very moisturizing while cleansing and not too thick to the point where your pores can not breath and you find that there is a lot of oily residue left. Unfortunately, this is going to be hard for me to get once I go back to NY so I am really sad, and will have to find a dupe or sneak 3 or 4 bottles in my luggage.



Moisturizer:

Moisturizers, or in my case, my skin best friend are an absolute must for me. I would probably not survive winter if this product did not exist. 

My current most used moisturizer is the Clinique Moisture Surge Intense. Do you see why I highlight the intense? Because I also have the Clinique Moisture Surge, but they are nothing alike really. My boyfriend who has really combination to oily skin loves to use this during winter, but when he tried my Moisture Surge Intense he said that he felt he had a mask on. On my skin, this moisturizer works wonders because it absorbs it really quickly and it is heavy enough to keep me moisturized during a full day or full night.

Use: Everyday and every night 


Scrub

Scrub is really important for everyone, but it becomes extra important for me during winter because of my dry skin. I have not tried more than two scrubs, but I really like L'occitane's Cream scrub, because it feels creamy and not overpowering. I love the consistency and how it does not peel my sensitive skin.

Use: 2 to 3 times a Week depending on how patchy my skin feels.

Essence:

Essence are really popular in Korea right now. It is really similar to a toner but with a slightly more like a serum. It is packed with all types of vitamins that are good for your skin and I am all about that. 
I am currently using the SKII Essence. And it does a good job at purifying and toning my skin. I am not THAT impressed as I wished because of the price, and I feel like there are so much better ones.

Use: Before moisturizer at night.


Face Makeup Remover:


I have not heard one person use this product and not love it. The Bioderma Solution Micellaire is AMAZING and I love using this after cleansing my face with water. It removes any soap that may have stayed from before and soothes my skin. It has won multiple awards in Korea as best makeup  remover and a lot of bloggers and youtubers rave about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment